It is said that to understand the true nature of man, provide him with a slow PC. However, in a world where we are accustomed to getting our work immediately done, a slow, lagging computer riddled with glitches can definitely leave even the most patient ones frustrated. Thus, it is important to have a tool that can fine tune your machine to prime performance. Naturally, you would need a software that increases the speed of your device but is easy to install and use. Norton presents a suitable solution in the form of Norton Utilities 16. Norton is a trusted name in the world of system performance and security. You can get Norton Utilities 16 setup or NU16 at norton.com/nu16.
Why Do You Need Norton Utilities 16?
Norton Utilities is reasonably priced and contains all the necessary tools available in a professional layout. Tools like Registry Defragmenter will get your machine working at optimum speed. You do not have to be a tech savvy person to use Norton Utilities, all you need to know is how to run the tools and the purpose of each one to clean your PC and make it as good as new. With a click of a button, you can optimize your entire PC in a matter of seconds or minutes. The Startup Manager will speed up the booting process and you will be pleased right from the beginning! With Norton UnErase, you can recover the files that you might have accidentally deleted and would have assumed to be gone forever!
Steps for Downloading Norton Utilities 16 Setup
After purchasing NU16 to speed up your PC, follow the steps enumerated below to complete the download process:
- Sign in to norton.com/setup.
- Go to www.norton.com/nu16 and log in.
- After entering the email and password and clicking on the Sign In button, you will be directed to the homepage.
- Go to Order History.
- Now, click on your Order Number for Norton Utilities 16.
- Below the NU16 Order Details, you will see the activation code. Note it down.
- After that, simply click on the Download button.
- Now, a Download Manager prompt will pop-up.
- There you will find a link. Copy and paste it in the URL space in your internet browser. Hit the Enter key.
- Now, the Norton Utilities 16 setup will start to download.
Steps for Installing Norton Utilities Setup
After downloading the NU16 setup, simply install it by following the steps enumerated here:
- When the download process is over, you need to run and install the NU16 file.
- Go to the default download location or to the folder where you downloaded the setup.
- Find the NU16 setup.exe file and double-click on it.
- Double-click the file that you downloaded.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen.
- Click on the Install button.
- Allow the process to get complete.
- Click on the Restart button whenever prompted.
Steps for Norton Utilities 16 Activation
When you are done with installation, activate NU16 by applying the following steps:
- Go to the Taskbar and open the NU16 program.
- You will be prompted to activate the app.
- Enter the 25 characters alpha-numeric product key in the window.
- Click on Activate and then follow the prompts.
- Activation is successful.
Steps to launch Norton Utilities 16 Setup
PCs can start lagging due to a number of reasons, such as Windows Registry errors, insufficient disk space and cache. In order to make the best use of the PC, you have to find a way to fix such issues. NU16 is a tool which helps you fix common computer issues, make more disk space, and mend broken files. Here are the steps for starting Norton Utilities 16:
- Go to the Start menu. Click on All Programs and locate Norton Utilities 16. Click on it.
- From the Norton Utilities 16 dashboard, go to Settings. You can change the default Settings. If you wish to schedule NU16, then just go to Scheduler and set a time.
- You can also turn on scheduled scans by going to the Task Scheduler.
- If you wish to set up NU16 in a way that it will launch and start working whenever the PC is powered on, just go to Run on Startup.
- If you want to change the frequency of NU16, then just select the Daily option and enter the time of the Scheduled Run.
- You may also configure the NU16 program to run once a week. Select the day and time you want and it will scan and fix errors only then.
- After making the appropriate changes, just click on the OK button.
- If you do not wish Nu16 to run when you turn on the system, then just uncheck the square next to “Enable scheduled scans” in the Scheduler tabs in the Settings.