Search Engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo!, etc. are the keys to searching the answers you seek in this vast mass of data. A search engine analysis sites built a database organized according to their content. When a user types a few descriptive words in the search box of the search engine, it detects and displays a list of matching sites positioned by relevance.
Various search engines are there to choose from. The growing sophistication of search engines enables us to express the information that the user seeks accurately.
Here are the guidelines to change the search engine of some popular web browsers of your desktop such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari. If you want to switch your default search engine or your current search engine, then simply follow the below-given guidelines.
How to change default search engine in Google Chrome on desktop
- Double click on ‘Google Chrome’ icon to open it.
- Click on ‘More icon.’ This is the three vertical dots icon in the top-right corner of your Google Chrome window.
- At the bottom of the drop-down panel click on ‘Settings.’
- Scroll down to the ‘Search Engine’ section.
- Click on the drop down box of ‘Search Engine’ to change it.
- Choose a ‘Search Engine’ (Google, Yahoo!, Bing, etc.) from the drop-down options.
Now, your Google Chrome browser will use your selected search engine. Repeat the same step to change it again.
How to change default search engine in Firefox on desktop
- Double click on ‘Mozilla Firefox’ icon on your desktop to open it.
- Now, Click on ‘More icon.’ This is the ‘three horizontal lines’ icon in the top-right corner of the Firefox window.
- In the middle of the drop-down menu, click on ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences.’
- Click on the ‘Search’ tab from the top-left side.
- Click on the ‘dropdown box’ of the search engine, in the Default Search Engine section.
- Choose a ‘Search Engine’ (Google, Bing, Amazon.com, etc.) from the drop-down options.
That’s it! Search Engine changed successfully. Now, Firefox will use your selected search engine when you search for something.
How to change default search engine in Safari on desktop
- Double click on ‘Safari app’ icon, to open it.
- Click on ‘Safari’ tab from the tab menu. This is on the top-left side of your screen to invoke a drop-down menu.
- Click on ‘Preferences’ from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the ‘Search’ tab. It is on the top-middle of your screen.
- Click on the ‘Search engine’ drop-down box, to invoke dropdown options.
- Choose a ‘Search Engine’ (Google, Yahoo, Bing, DuckDuckGo) from the options.
Now, Safari browser will use the new search engine that you have selected form the option. To change it again, repeat the process.