MacOS is an operating system for Apple manufactured computer systems. A while ago, Apple Corporation released MacOS High Sierra to the public and the Apple customers went crazy about downloading the new version of the operating system in their devices. The manufacturer assured that High Sierra is a reliable operating system which enables the users to use their MacOS device in a better manner.
Though the company has assured the reliability of High Sierra and claimed it, Sierra, to be a quality product, it is not entirely unassailable or errors. As more and more users came to download High Sierra, more reports and complaints regarding the download freezing started to emerge. People are upset with their download failure leaving them to use the older versions of MacOS. Sometimes, misconfigured date and time create the error. Hence, resetting the changes might be a solution to resolve the problem. Well, if you are also struggling with High Sierra download problem then, you must follow the guide offering you the fixes to prevent the download failure.
Here are the fixes for MacOS High Sierra download stuck
Restart you MacOS system
- Press the Option + Command + P + R buttons from your keyboard immediately when the system is turning on.
- Now, hold the key combination for 20 seconds or more.
- The system will play a startup sound twice.
- Release the key combination.
- Your Mac will restart and then retry downloading MacOS High Sierra.
Boot your system from Recovery
- Switch on your computer and long press Command + R
- Utility Menu will open.
- Select Reinstall OS X from the menu.
- Click the Continue button and follow the instruction on the screen.
- Now, try to download High Sierra again.
Create a new Account
- Open System Preferences in your system.
- Now, go to Users & Groups.
- Click Lock icon and enter Admin username and password.
- It is required to enable the changes.
- Click (+) button and set up a new Admin user account.
- Now, log out of the current account and then log into the newly created account.
- Now, your system should not face a problem while downloading High Sierra.
IF MacOS High Sierra is showing downloading error, follow the steps, and it will be downloaded into the system without any failure. But, if the problem persists, then you must contact your manufacturer and explain what problem is occurring while downloading a new version of MacOS. The manufacturer will assist you to download High Sierra correctly.